We have a long standing, healthy full bodied friendship with succulents and cacti in our beloved desert. They are intriguing, they thrive, and they embody our rare, harsh environment all while keeping up with their beauty regimen. We have a wide variety in the shop and we use them in our arrangements year round.
Our Succulent Bar is the perfect place to get started.
We wanted to share a few tips on how to care for them once they leave us and are yours forever:
- Use well drained soil and/or cactus mix compost with sand to increase drainage.
- You can spray your plants as they will suck water from the air as well.
- Bright light, though not intense direct sunlight.
- Repot once a year with fresh soil into a pot that is a bit bigger than the last.
- Growing season is from spring to fall and your succulents will need more water and fresh soil/fertilizer during this season. You can leave them more alone in the winter.
- Succulents in the purple and orange color family prefer the outdoors. They will prefer your patio to your darker den.
- Succulents that are really very green will do better indoors.
Let us know if you need help selecting the perfect succulent for your space and want to take on giving your space a succulent splash. We take pride in our terrariums and succulent arrangements standing the test of time.
Succulents don't suck. See you at the shop.
PS We love their versatility. They make for a strong masculine take on a floral arrangement. Order here today.